Saturday 11 January 2014

YSL Spring 2014: Rosy Blush Review and Swatches

Hello everyone :)

When I saw YSL Spring 2014 Collection, I admired this blush particularly than other products in the collection. The reason was simply because it's a very stunning golden pink blush that I don't get to see everywhere else.


Let's start with the packaging. As usual, YSL always have their trademark of gold casing which feels very luxurious and expensive-looking. It is also engraved with matte dusty pink pattern that makes it look chic and feminine.


The blush design is very excellent, it resembles the design of flower petal. It has a soft pink shade with slight gold shimmer. This blush can be used as blush and highlighter because of its sheer pigmentation. If applied lightly, it can give excellent luminescent on the upper cheek bone. If applied heavily, it will give a natural looking blush without excessive shimmer.


I did a heavily layered swatch and as we can see it gives a natural satiny finish on the skin--the shimmer is very little but still there that makes the skin glow. I really fond of this blush, however I think if you have darker skin tone it will hardly shows up much, it will only give a subtle highlighting colour on the cheek.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase as I can see myself reaching for this bush on daily basis. This blush is limited edition, so if you like it is best to purchase it soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxo,
Ivana

4 comments:

  1. Great review!
    I love the embossing of this blush- it really does resemble a flower petal, and I love how there's fine shimmer within it to make your skin glow :)

    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin and Monica,

      Thank you for dropping by and yes, the shimmer in it delivers a subtle luminosity to our face which is really great :)

      Ivana xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous packaging! I think I can just look at it all day long... hehe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ahleessa,

      Yes the blush is so pretty! Hope this review has been helpful for you :)

      Delete