Tuesday 3 December 2013

Benefit "Do The Bright Thing" Makeup Kit Review and Swatches

Oh, what a joy to start a beauty blog!

A little bit about myself before I start blogging. I live in Singapore, and I'm happily married with a wonderful husband. I'm now on my second trimester of pregnancy with my first kid.

Recently I got such an addiction with anything pretty and pampering like makeup and skincare. When I went to Sephora or Lush, I just feel so happy! I must admit that before I'm pregnant, I don't have an addiction for makeup and skincare like now.

So for this first post I'm going to do review and swatches for Benefit "Do The Bright Thing" Makeup Kit.


 simple and nice packaging!

As you can see, it comes in handy with a cute book-like packaging. I can see myself to bring this kit when I travel.

 
"Do The Bright Thing" makeup kit by Benefit

This makeup kit consist of 4 products and 1 applicator. It's a very good kit for a makeup beginner like me because it features a step by step tips and tricks of how to apply the product.

The first product is "that gal" brightening face primer. If you want your makeup to last longer, you should apply primer after your moisturizer & sunblock, and right before you apply your foundation. It helps to provide a smooth, even surface on which to apply make up.


"that gal" brightening face primer
 
This primer has a soft pink creamy texture, but I don't find it greasy at all. I have a very sensitive skin, which makes me hesitant to apply this product to my face at first, as I scared I will have breakouts after using it. But to my surprise, it doesn't cause me any breakouts at all. Moreover, it smells just like strawberry bubble gum! :)


Upper: High Beam highlighter
Lower: Dandelion blush
 

Second product is High Beam luminescent complexion enhancer. It serves as a highlighter on upper cheekbone, or anywhere else that you want it to have bright effect. The third product is Dandelion Blush. It's a pretty, and very natural soft peach colour when it applies on the skin. It comes with a small blush brush. I don't fancy about the brush, because the bristles are just kind of "rough" in my opinion. However, High Beam and Dandelion are my favourite in the kit, apply together just makes my cheek have a nice natural glow to it without appear like wearing any makeup at all.

The fourth product is Bad Gal waterproof eyeliner. I have tried to prove its waterproof-ness by trying to rub a small amount of water. It doesn't budge at all! The last product is They're Real mascara. I have such a hype from Benefit Fan that this mascara can makes their eyelashes longer. I haven't tried it yet, but I will make a separate review once I've used it :)

one swipe of Bad Gal liner
 

Overall I'm happy with this makeup kit. It's great for beginner, it's adorable, and not too pricey as well (compare to other single Benefit product!) It costs me SGD 50, and I think it's worth the price.

I hope this review has been helpful, and thanks for reading! :)

xoxo,
Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment